Step by Step is a guide for working the steps of the Emotions Anonymous 12 step group. It provides a series of questions and exercises that help you work through each of the 12 steps of EA.
The following content is published by Emotions Anonymous in their Step by Step booklet:
The Twelve StepsEdit
- Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our emotions - that our lives had become unmanagable.
- Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Step 7 - Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except to do so would injure them or others.
- Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.